Given that I'm about to announce that I'm working on a martial arts book for Modern20, that sign might seem horribly misplaced. Changing the way I do business you say?
Well, yes and no. Obviously, the stuff I like hasn't magically changed overnight, including martial arts fiction, movies and comics.
In fact, it's probably not a surprise to anyone that Modern20 was built with more robust martial arts in mind from the ground up.
What is changing though, is the way we do business. Literally.
What I mean that is evidenced in this blog and at the ENWorld thread, where I solicited feedback at a much early stage in a product's life than I ever had before.
And in case you thought it might be an isolated instance, here we go again.
After Martial Arts20, I'd like some feedback on what folks would like to see for the game's first setting:
- Blood and Relics
- Prometheus Rising
- Urban Mayhem- an over the top cops and robbers setting with a lot of violence and modern satire.
- Superhuman20- superheroes from four color to ashen gray
- The Hunters- psychics in the modern world pursued by corporations and governments in a psychic cold war.
- No setting! Give me some crunch damnit! (you might notice each of these settings was chosen to provide some crunch for generic campaigns- if you want some crunch addressed that isn't likely to be covered in a setting above, mention it here)
- Something else! (Not something licensed)