Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Being on the "inside"

So my aborted attempt to fund Fantasci through the ransom model (aborted mostly because I really had no idea what I was doing and blundering around) has sort of morphed into something I like better.

I asked the folks who had donated if I could sell it, and offered to keep the private group open for them and post updates as I worked on the book.

So basically, they got a book pre-order "plus", with the plus being an ability to see the work being created (I've uploaded 6-7 drafts at different stages of development) as well as the ability to chime in and offer suggestions before it's too late.

Basically, it's a much more detailed version of what you get here. More detailed because, since you've already bought the cake, what do I care if you watch it bake?

Honestly, I'm giving serious thought to doing this in the future.

Not only does it seem to have been fun for the guys involved, it's actually fun for me to share drafts with people in a way I feel safe and confident about.

No comments:

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...