Thursday, April 06, 2006

Comics Corner (Tradeback edition): Welcome Back Frank

Have I mentioned that I love tradebacks?

No? Well I do.

I will always love comics but for the most part I have no time or patience for reading them month to month. First off, Im a freaking adult. Im not going to wait patiently month to month. I have things to do. I'm not going to track a story for 6 months.

Secondly, Im a freaking adult. It takes me about 10 minutes to read a comic. Give me 12 at once and that's a solid 2 hours of entertainment. Give me one and its like half a beer.

But I digress.

Welcome Back Frank, written by Garth Ennis showed me that finally, finally Marvel had found a writer that had a genuine take on the Punisher. He wasn't an avenging angel, nor was he a raving lunatic.

Oh and he was also funny. Darkly funny. Laugh out loud funny.

Here's an example:
I have a .45. He has a submachine gun. My night goes downhill from there.
Warning: This tradeback is not kid safe.

Im not even 100% sure its safe to read it if you're pregnant.

For the rest of you out there, pick this up for some fun that's a bit on the dark and twisted side.

Chuck

No comments:

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...