Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Bad Box

You know, the idiot box, as opposed to the computer, which is the good box.

I've been watching three shows lately, which is almost a record for me.

Rome: Best. Historical. Show. Ever. Great characters, and if you ever wanted to ask yourself while watching TV "is this the week they off Caesar?" then this is definitely the show for you.

The Daily Show: Pure fun. My daily half hour of laughter is what they should call it.

Angel: Yes I was late to the party on the whole Buffy/Angel phenomenon. I saw a couple of episodes of Buffy and dismissed as "sort of a soap" back in the day. It was actually loving the series Firely and loving Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men that got me to check it out, and I was hooked almost immediately.

Having gone through the entire run of Buffy via netflix, I am now working on Angel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Angel doesn't suck. Roxanne and I watched it from Day One.

If you like David Boreanaz as an actor, check out the current (as of 11/2005) series "Bones", which has him as an FBI agent. The demons he fights are more metaphorical in that show, though. :)

Chuck said...

Yeah I think I've seen two episodes of Bones. A TV *really* has to grab me for any sort of loyalty lol.

Although I did think the genius scientist saying "I have no idea what that means" to every pop culture reference she encountered was damn funny.

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...