Monday, December 25, 2006

RPGNow changes (or I for one welcome our new OBS Overlords!)

If you're a regular PDF buyer, you've probably heard about the winds of change blowing through PDF distribution business.

The two largest PDF delivery sites, RPGNow and DrivethruRPG have merged. I have a lot of thoughts about this, most of which I will be studiously keeping to myself.

One thing I would like to point out right now though, is that RPGObjects now has an affiliate site. As part of the current changes, besides merging, the new OneBookShelf or OBS (which is the company RPGNow and DTRPG became when they merged like Voltron) added affiliate sites at ENWorld and RPG.net, two of the largest fan sites on the net.

This allows people to shop from the site where they read a review of my AWESOME new book and support their favorite review site at the same time (since affiliates get a cut of whatever they sell).

Well some of the PDF manufacturers said "heyyy... that sounds kinda good".

So like those pods in day of the triffids, affiliate sites have started to spread, including to RPGObjects!

This means you can do all your shopping for PDFs, made by RPGObjects and others, directly from RPGObjects. By buying through the affiliate store, we get a nibble off everything you buy.

And of course if the PDFs you buy are actually made BY US... well that's even cooler.

No comments:

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...