Sunday, September 06, 2009

World of Arkara reviews

So the first reviews of World of Arkara have appeared, over at Dragonsfoot.

The review of the main overview is very flattering, the review of the Canterbury Isles is less so.

Still, I will say that I agree with most of Dominic's main points in both reviews, I just don't find many of them bad things.

For example, he would have preferred more information on "infrastructure", roads, weather, random encounter tables, rather than adventure type information.

But one of my goals at the outset was to create a world LOADED with adventure material.

As for the map, I agree it could be better. I used a map of my own creation because it fit within the budget (I work REALLY cheap).

I am no cartographer though. I just hope the map is clear and functional.

Anyway, I recommend folks check it out, especially if you're on the fence about the books. Everything he says is factually accurate, so the review should do a good job of letting you know if the books are for you.

No comments:

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...