Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Titan Quest: The RPGDesign quick and dirty review

The Skinny: If you are in the mood of a Diablo clone set in the ancient world, this game is for you.

The Spice: If fighting medusa on the steps of the Acropolis, exploring the Great Pyramid of Giza for lost relics, or fighting giant preying Mantis in the Hanging Gardens of Babylon sounds fun to you, this is definitely the game for you.

Taste Check: If you've ever used the words "dungeon ecology" in a sentence and were serious about it, this might not be the game for you.

Chuck's Score: 9/10

Chuck's Reasons: I love Diablo.

I almost had a romantic feeling toward this game when I realized I was going to get to fight the minotaur in the labyrinth of King Minos.

I think "dungeon ecology" is the single most stupid fucking concept any evil perverted scumbag ever introduced into the gaming vocabulary.

Platforms: PC

Availability: Amazon, Gamestop (physical), Direct2Drive and Steam (digital- both highly recommended)

1 comment:

mikelaff said...

Nice review.

I've been wanting to check this out for years. Diablo2 ate my life for about 6 months - so it's probably just as well I haven't gotten around to it.

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...