Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wizards and Wiseguys


So recently, I did an open call for writers to submit material. I got submitted a lot of gems and got to meet a lot of interesting new writers. It was interesting how many of the books I got, and liked, had actually been turned down by other companies.

It turned out far better than I ever expected.

Actually, the day I got my first publishable submission, it was better than I expected.

Yeah, I'm cynical. Or is that realistic? I always get them confused.

Anyway, one of the first submissions I got was one of the best, Wizards and Wiseguys by Mike Lafferty. It's part Untouchables, part Dr. Strange. I can hear the Ennio Morricone soundtrack now.

1 comment:

Daniel M. Perez said...

I have that in my to-buy list; it sounds way cool.

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...