Thursday, June 30, 2005

Upcoming: Legends of the Dark Ages

I am about 50 pages into the next major Legends book so I think its time to make an announcement.

For those of you who are members of the Legendsrpg yahoo group, you've already heard this (that's right- I filter information out slowly like the CIA taking over a South American country for General Foods).

The next Legends book will be Legends of the Dark Ages, covering Europe from the Fall of the Western Roman Empire through Charlemagne (476-814). While there will be magic in the game, the goal was to do a more historical take on the period (since arguably Excalibur is a dark ages book as well).

I think for those with an interest in historical gaming this would be a big hit. Also I think there's a lot here for the Excalibur player/gm.

Dark Ages has a lot of info on barbarians, including a couple of new core classes (Marauder and Nomad) and a barbarian bloodline.

The core class list is shaping up along these lines:

Charlatan

Hermit (from Excalibur)

Holy Warrior

Marauder

Mercenary (from Legends of Carthage)

Monk

Noble (from Excalibur)

Nomad

Seer

Skald (from Excalibur)

Soldier

Thief

The book will also provide a fairly indepth history of the period and a period specific equipment section. Included in the equipment rules will be information on mounted combat without stirrups and a complete armor and weapons chart for wrought iron, the strongest metal of the dark ages.

As always, questions and comments welcome.

Chuck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck! I was pleased to see this announcement. Count on me for a purchase.

How much writing did you do for the book?

Chuck said...

I did about all of it :)

Glad you're looking forward to the book, so am I.

Chuck

Anonymous said...

Good evening Chuck, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a related topic such as this post. It somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for blogs related to Super-linker and /or sites that have a central theme around Super-linker type items.

Once again, thank you Chuck, keep up the unusual posts. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good evening Chuck, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a related topic such as this post. It somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for blogs related to web development and /or sites that have a central theme around web development type items.

Once again, thank you Chuck, keep up the unusual posts. :-)

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...