Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Turns out there's a reason I hate moving

Prior to returning to Fla, I had lived in one place for @10 years. Prior to that, I had had the same apartment for 4 years.

When I moved back home, I initially wanted to stay put for a long time. But it turns out, the trailer I picked on the internet was um... well, I was there 4 months, ok?

The new place is much better, but I did get a nice reminder of why I hate moving, even just moving across town.

I called the electric co last Friday, happy with the new place and ready to transfer power over, when I received a recorded message that they were away until Monday for Easter.

So- first three days in the new place were spent with no fridge, no fans, no AC, no TV- you know, all that good stuff that comes with electricity.

But... all that's behind me now, and the old ceiling fan at the old place has been replaced with Central Air.

And I look out my window and I see horses.

So- huh, maybe moving isn't always such a bad thing even when it means spending 3 hot miserable days in the dark.

No comments:

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...