Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My name is Michael Westen. I used to be spy.

Edited: Meet the new, improved Michael Westen, now with infiltration skills he should rightly have.

For those curious: I swapped out Uncanny Dodge 1 for Career Advancement, then gave him the Disguise perk.

I also swapped out 7 ranks of Outdoorsman for 7 ranks of Influence.

He's less of a commando but more of an infiltrator.


Michael Westen (Brainiac 8): HD 8d8+16; HP 52; Init +2; Spd 35 ft; Defense 21, flatfooted 16 (+2 Dex, +3 Int, +6 Class); BAB +6; Atk +7 melee (1d10+1 martial arts), or +8 ranged (2d6+4 Browning Hi-Power); SQ Thinker; AL Sam, Fiona and Mom; SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6, Rec +4; Rep +5; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8.
Background: Criminal
Occupation: Spy: Perks 2 (Disguise, Precision Strike, Security Systems)
Hobby: Firearms
Skills: Academics (Intelligence Analysis) 11 (+14), Athletics 11 (+12), Crime 11 (+14), Engineering 11 (+14), Firearms 11 (+13), Influence 11 (+10), Outdoorsman 4 (+4), Perception 11 (+11), Read/Write Language (Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Hindi, Russian, Spanish), Speak Language (Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Hindi, Russian, Spanish), Stealth 11 (+13), Unarmed 11 (+12), Vehicles 11 (+13), Weapons 11 (+12)
Feats: Brains Over Brawn, Career Advancement, Combat Martial Arts, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Intelligence Analyst, Master Plan, Scientific Improvisation, Smart Defense, Sneak Attack x2: +2 damage against flat-footed targets, Teamwork (Sam and Fi), Trick
Access/Contacts/Followers: 4 points favors
Wealth: 4
Possessions: Browning Hi-Power, The Charger
Character Disadvantages: Burn Notice: no Wealth bonus from occupation Influence DCs with intelligence and law enforcement agencies increased by +10 (DSR 5), Dependent: Mom (DSR 3), Enemy: The Management (DSR 2)
Background: Just watch the show.
Quote: My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy.

6 comments:

mikelaff said...

just caught this recently. It is pretty good.

Given any thought to doing an Espionage20?

Chuck said...

Little conflicted on the idea. One of my goals for Modern20 was to make it a great modern action/espionage/military game out of the box.

I have thought about doing a special ops book but as I said, the core game handles that pretty well.

Walt said...

WOW that is a fun write up...

Regards,
Walt

Chuck said...

Danke.

I think he needs more interaction abilties.

I already swapped out Uncanny Dodge for Career Advancement and hgave him the Disguise perk.

I also think he needs Influence as a skill.

Basically, I designed a good combat Michael Westen but he's also an infiltrator.

Chuck said...

And the edit is up.

Walt said...

"But all you need for a good disguise is a clever attempt at a foreign accent..."

Regards,
Walt

Night Ride Part 1

Night Ride Part 1 “Look, Pa, it’s my turn. Also, Nana is having one of her spells again and she has no idea who I am when she gets this w...